Wow, a first post. Something that I’ve been thinking about for a while, and I still haven’t come up with anything particularly enthralling that will hook y’all. But, a little about who/what/where I am. Ready?
Who, you might ask, is KlutzyBallerina?
- A 24-year-old female. Yup, it’s important enough to be a different color.
- KB for short. I think. That’s up for consideration at the moment.
- The where is crucial at the moment–I’ve been living in the mountains in Colorado for about a year and a half, and am currently in the midst of packing/moving/driving across the country in my Honda back to Chicago. Just put in my two weeks at my job, and don’t have another one lined up yet. More about that in short order, I’d expect.
- Oh! And that other thing; I’m queer, and Catholic. And I love both aspects of myself equally, and won’t give either of them up, even if it makes me a beast to live with on some days. Because most days I’ve come to accept the internal contradictions of those two beliefs or ways of being, but every once in a while it still kicks my ass.
- I’m moving to be closer to my family, even if they drive me crazy some days. I miss my parents and my puppies, not gonna lie.
- I really love wine. Like, in the driving to wineries and tasting and meeting winemakers kind of way. I once convinced a French winemaker that he should really filter and bottle something that he wasn’t bottling for another month. And apparently I’m good at convincing people to do what I want, because he did it. And gave me a discount, to boot.
- I love driving. Not so much for the purpose of getting somewhere at a certain time (because then I tend to get stressed.) but just for the joy of watching this country move by.
- The “little slices of America” that exist beyond highways and large grocery stores–fascinating. Seriously. I’ve learned as much about life from a random Colorado grocer as I have from great literature.
- I really want to continue going to school, but can’t currently afford it. Again with the moving across the country thing. I need to be closer to academia.
So… I think that’s all I’ve got for the moment. Happy hour beckons, people.